Subsidies are based on 2 major factors:
- How many people are in your household?
- What is your household adjusted gross income?
- If your income is under 138% of the poverty level, you are Medicaid eligible.
- If your income is above 138% up to 400% of the poverty level, you will receive a subsidy. The subsidy will vary depending on your exact numbers.
Here are some examples. You will receive a subsidy if…
- 1 Person in Household: Your income is between $11,170 – $44,680.
- 4 People in Household: Your income is between $23,050 – $92,200
On October 1, 2013, plans and pricing for Healthcare Reform plans will be available at https://insurance-oc.com
Author: neil steinman
Neil Steinman is the principal of Orange County Health & Life Insurance in Orange County, CA – and has been serving the needs of California residents for nearly 20 years.