Here are a few common reasons to consider changing your Medicare Coverage during Open Enrollment...
1. YOU’VE BEEN PRESCRIBED A NEW & EXPENSIVE PRESCRIPTION DRUG
If this applies to you, please email a list of your prescription medications to me – not just the new medication, but ALL your medications! See “NOTE” below.
2. YOU HAVE A MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN (HMO) AND WANT TO CHANGE TO A MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT (PPO)
If this applies to you, please email a list of your prescription medications to me. See “NOTE” below.
3. YOU HAVE A MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT (PPO) AND WANT TO CHANGE TO A MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN (HMO)
If this applies to you, please email your primary physician’s full name and city or zip code. You would probably only consider this change if you need to save money since Medicare Advantage Plans cost $0.
4. THE COST OF YOUR MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY AND YOU WANT TO CHECK FOR A BETTER PRICE
If this applies to you, please email or text a picture of your ID card and the amount you are currently paying for your plan.
5. YOU HAVE ANOTHER SITUATION NOT MENTIONED HERE
If this applies to you, please send an email with as much info as you care to give so I can do some homework and get back to you.
NOTE: If you are sending a list of your prescription medications, please include the entire name of each medication as shown on your prescription bottle including any letters like ER or SR that appear after the name. If it’s a generic, give me the generic name. I also need the dose and how many you take per month. If you take “as needed” give me an estimate of how many you take per month.
Neil Steinman is the principal of Orange County Health & Life Insurance in Orange County, CA – and has been serving the needs of California residents for nearly 20 years.